HPL Compact Panels for Exterior Drained and Back-Ventilated Rainscreens
Course #: FNAEXT060117
Length of program: 1 hour
Learning units: 1 LU/HSW Hour
This program will provide education on the decorative and functional solutions for drained and back-ventilated rainscreens using HPL Compact panels.
After completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the conditions required for water management through the building envelope and explain the mechanics of water infiltration.
- Describe how a drained and back-ventilated rainscreen functions, its design requirements, and its components.
- Discuss the structural design elements that require consideration in order to produce a durable, thermally-efficient rainscreen system.
- Explain how HPL Compact panels are manufactured and how they are classified according to EN 438.
- Recall the performance and aesthetic benefits of HPL Compact cladding and describe some HPL compact panel installation methods.